Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Odd thought really
As I was walking to my car this afternoon, one of the trees along the path had been recently cut and the branches (which were full and green) were laying right where they fell. It looked like they were praying to the tree.

JB goes in for surgury tomorrow and the week that she will be gone might extend to longer depending on how she feels. I felt sorry for her, she was pretty scared. June told me today that she didn't think that it was a good idea to talk to "I" about JB. Thanks for you 2 cents June, but that is my decision to make anyway. And that is, well I am not sure if I want to know or not. She will only be there for about a month after her week off from surgury, and well...her manner seems to piss just about everyone off in one way or another. This leads me to believe that all of her mannerisms are part of a fatal personality defeat that can never be cured. On the level of annoyance she is up there with June to begin with, I just get JB in a larger quantity.

Observation: a peanut butter and jelly pita sandwich is not a good idea. Sandwich bread had a much higher level of absorbancy. Grape jelly also has a pretty far squirting radius.

Nothing really happened the first part of today and I devoted it to sharpening my HTML skills. Those that regularly view my page will notice the color scheme change. It is a little odd but I kind of like it. I want to change the MAL site so I am working on writing a new template for it. I have the colors I want and an idea of how I want to place everything. The Adobe GoLive program that "The Mec's" site is created in has totally spoiled me.

Then about 1-my usual lunch time- there was an opening with JB. I needed to order supplies for "the Mec" before the end of the fiscal year (tomorrow) and she had just kept putting me off and putting me off. So she finally got around to it, but would only work on it if I was in the room---I don't know why but I brought a notebook to take notes on so that I could fit that "secretary" archtype that I abhor. Then June was in there whining about one thing or another and agruing with JB--I wanted to smack both of them. Then June would leave and I would start to ask JB some more questions, then we would be interrupted my Beth, then she would leave and June would come back....I didn't manage to get my questions answered and out of JB's office until 3:30! I got to spend $350 in office supplies though, which was fun. but I wasn't finished with that until 5 (it was a big order--cool)then I had to update the webtracker stats and dig out my desk to write a list of things to do for the morning. I wasn't out of work until 5:45, but really 6 because I had to wish JB good luck and have her explain every possible situation that might arise while she was gone (she had to explain every one of those goofy typed memos to herself to me--ugh). Working late and through lunch means that I have an extra 1.75 hours to leave early or late sometime. Oh the possiblities.....

good news everybody: I wore pants today. Yes I know, you're thinking "Debbie spent a day not in a skirt?" Yes, it does happen. And when I put them on today they were loose. Party. Bonus.

An ad for a pilates class on NPR used the words "dynamic tension" and I burst out laughing. Visions of Rocky Horror floating past me. Tim Curry, yum.

I should go, the fam is invading tomorrow (we are going to see Shrek 2) and the house has to be cleaned. I am not sure if it is only my father has the high standards of cleanliness, but they must be obeyed. It shouldn't be too bad, if I just put the dirty clothes in the hamper and throw out all of the stupid junk mail that plagues me every week I should be fine.

No comments: