Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Stupid frigging computer. ... So i actually started writing a while ago and the computer was operating in that super slow mode, where you type and wait type and wait, and then the computer finally catches up you. If you type too fast it forgets what you were trying to type and it comes out in garbled mess. So the only way I have figured out how to get rid of this is to just restart the computer. This is the second time today!! Damn you Elmer! That is the name for my computer. It's a transvetite (or would it be a transexual? A drag queen? I think that I like Transvesite better). When she is sweet she's Ethel, but when he's bad he is Elmer.

It is very very quiet today. The sound of an office without JB is such *sniff* such *sniff* a beautiful thing.... I think I need a moment....
...
...
...
...
...
...
And back to reality. I have tried to take a lunch today, I really have..but since I felt like sitting at my desk and answering my email, and even with the door to the main office being up with a sign, I still got bothered. And it wasn't from people off the street, oh no...it was from the people who also work in the office..Read the sign and let me be! So I figured that I would just not feel guilty at all about reading at my desk, which I actually haven't done yet. But give me time. I wanted to listen to some Bowie, but I didn't have any with me today--it is in my car, so I am listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs real low, hoping that no one will get offended. Since I haven't really been able to sit and eat uninterrupted I have been eating bits of my rather scanty lunch as I go along, selective snacking.
The printing services office had their open house today. For the entire month they have been sending out these obnoxious flyer/card thingys once or twice a week. Talk about the non-suspense leading up to a anti-climax. June and I walked down there today to see what they had: punch and cookies, pens and paper, and an offer of free copying for today. Nothing too grand. The punch was the typical Mormon punch fare that you get in this state, Apple juice mixed with sprite. The cookies however were oversized, that was pretty good compensation for the cruddy punch. Their pens and paper pads are a little freaky, they say "On your desk...in your drawers" is printing services stalking me in my office?! I don't know if I can handle any more extra paranoia coming from my office supplies. Speaking of, my huge order should have some in today. Awwh man, I wanted to play with post it notes and pens today. The office depot man must not like me today.
Last night, K sent me an article to edit. Oh goodness it was...well not something that he should send out to the public. I gave him my honest opinion (the I have to be mean in a nice way kind) I hope that he re-edits it. And I hope that he will talk to me afterwards, but I haven't heard from him yet. I even had my mom read it, and she said that I wasn't harsh enough on it. I had planned on reading it and commenting today, but when I glanced at it last night I knew that I couldn't wait on it. Later my mom and I were talking about him, and she asked what sign I thought that he was.---His birthday is a rather complicated issue, because he doesn't know when exactly it is, because Kurdish babies in Turkey were rarely registered at the time of their birth, but somewhere in their first year or so, and a lot of mothers in the culture didn't place a high value on the time when their baby was to be born. So he claims the 22nd of July but his mother can't remember if he was born in early spring or late fall. And if I was a rural village woman, with not much education and 9 children in total, I might forget too. Anyway, I drew a random guess at at Capricorn (A sign that I am not too familar with.. So we read the chapter in Linda Goodman's Sun Signs about the Capricorn Male, oh I hit it right on the head. So what does this mean to me? Well if I choose to reinvest my emotions in my dear friend K, with his personality I will probably not get the validation that my little Leo ego would like to get. But I think that I could live with it, but I would still need to wait until he came around. Ahh..yes. the tribulations of my non-existant love life.
Well I am gonna go, it is hitting the 4 oclock hour and I can waste enough time trying to tie up loose ends today to last until 5

No comments: