Sunday, April 10, 2005

Baby talking bugs

On Friday I bought bagels for the office. The bug comes in, late, as usual, and sees me eating a bagel. At which she replies "so ewe got a widdle bagel?" I guess that I haven't noticed it, but she baby talks to me all the time. She even calls me (give me a second, my stomach just lerched) "debbydo" (shudder, ugh). She was excited when I told her that there was some for all in the break room, but I really really resent the fact that if I eat anything at my desk (and seeing that to make up for classes the majority of my lunched are at my desk) that I should be made to feel guilty that I am not "sharing" with her. I am not in fucking kindergarten and thankfully she is not my mom.

Another thing that she did on Friday, besides not understanding that we do not have the authority to kick people out of the computer lab, was that she wanted to know if my computer had a floppy disk. Rather than listening to me, she comes BEHIND my desk (the tower is at my feet) to check. Not once but twice....hello personal space.

But apparently the husband is back again and won't talk to her to let her know if they are going to get any money from this "deal" that he has been working on for months...it is good to know that her husband is punishing her with his presence. There is justice.

No comments: