Monday, January 23, 2006

Blue Monday

My family stayed over the weekend, and while I love them dearly, I don't feel like I had a weekend at all. It was cute though because a lot of this time this weekend was spent on getting clothes and shoes and other misc. small items ready for the wedding. Just the fact that my Dad bought $80 shoes (and that was the 50% of rate) was amazing. And my mom got a shiny outfit that she looks great in.

However, at the moment I find any and all wedding plans to be depressing. Money is so tight and I feel like I have given up a lot already just to save money... So really the last thing that I wanted to do was try coordinate matching tablecloths and napkins.

The current Outreach Assistant's husband got a job in Louisiana and she will be leaving soon. I regretted not applying for the job before she was hired and I am not going to pass it up this time. The paycut is minimal...about $20 a week and I would be working 10 hours less. I would be a fool to pass it up. Linda has pretty much all but hired me for the position. It should be nice and the change should happen in less than 2 months. Right now, anything to get me away from having to work with the bug everyday would be wonderful. I almost killed her on Friday. She messed up on a student committee meeting schedule which affected "I"....and of course in this instance it was "the student's fault" and then not less than 5 minutes later she had a fit because "I's" schedule wasn't working with hers and she was going to have to reschedule a student's committee meeting so that she could go. She is only there for paperwork...which she admits too all the time, but she has to reschedule everything if she can't make it....but oh yeah...when she messes it up, it is the student's responsibility. I think what really made me so mad about the situation was that the May Accord was all about her right to schedule these appointments and how she has SOLE responsibility for them. Mr.3 said to talk to the AA about it, but it wouldn't matter anyway, it would only be an example of how slimey she really is. I don't think that she will ever be fired, not unless something happens in which she can't squirm her way out of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really should be doing my waajib.