Thursday, July 27, 2006

....lawyers....

I admit it, I have laughed at lawyer jokes but have never really felt that way about them....until today. Called a lawyer today, told him the whole saga...his advice? "Wow, you really are in need of a lawyer."

No shit, that's why I called him.

Then he proceeds to tell me that no decent lawyer would touch us without at least a couple thousand up front (he also said that any lawyer who would handle this case pro bono would not be worth it). His fee is $165 an hour and he actually told me to contact family members for money or just go back to the phone book and call more people.

Oh...and he thinks that we are guilty and that Zions Bank can do no wrong.

Now, I knew that trying to find a lawyer willing to go up against "the church's bank" was going to be tough but I didn't expect to have contact with someone who was such a dick on my first time out.

So if anyone knows a good lawyer willing to do pro bono work and prove this guy wrong, please contact me.

In the meantime, we are trying to work through the legal department of TERI (the institution that granted the loan check to begin with) to get this resolved. Depending on how helpful they are will depend on whether or not I go to the media on this. In any case, I am filing an official complaint with the Department of Justice against "CH" for violating my "victim's rights". Not that I expect it will help us any, but at least I will have the satisfaction of this guy getting in trouble at his work for how he is treating us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call me tomorrow.