Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Brother Hearts Jake Ryan

My brother desperately wanted to watch 16 Candles and the Breakfast Club tonight. He had seen a shirt that said "I heart Jake Ryan" and he almost bought it, but didn't as it was a V-neck...and I think that he has limits on how flaming he really will be.

So in an effort to explain more to him about the Brat Pack---complete with pictures, god I LOVE the internet---I came across this great article written on Valentine's Day 2004 called Real Men Can't Hold a Match to Jake Ryan of 'Sixteen Candles'. It is all about how there are all of these jaded women (and some men) who are ever searching for the perfect man, the Jake Ryan's of the world. Basically, it says that they don't exist.

I beg to differ.

I would say that Mr.3 could be a Jake Ryan. I have had that moment, when I am walking around after a bad day, sort of oblivious thinking, only to look up and see him from across the quad smiling at me with that little wave. I have those moments with Mr.3 all the time...those sweet tender moments that may not make other melt...but I did and do when I think about him. Also when we talk about instances where the great guy notices the strange quirky girl and falls in love with her instead...if that isn't us, I don't know what it.

Hopefully, my Jake Ryan will be home tomorrow morning.....I can't wait.

No comments: