Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Holbrook Letters-Monday

Until I can mange to get my head together enough to do a straight blog post about my visit here, I am going to post the emails/letters that I am sending to Mr.3 about the trip. Here is letter 1:



Well we made it to Arizona. You should have heard the tasteless but incredibly politically incorrect jokes we made about indains. It wouldn't be that bad...but they make it sooo easy.
Holbrook is a sweet little town, with the little that i have seen of it so far I would say that it has more charm than Price. They had this Route 66 sign shop that had a sign that said "Indian Parking only, all others will be scalped". I am definitely going to take pictures of it tomorrow...and maybe see how much is costs. Not that I have anywhere to put it, it is quite tasteless...but fun. Maybe in the Nephi room?

The house is pretty nice, it is bigger than what I thought. It is only half re-finished at the moment...but once they get it done it will be nice. It has ALOT of potential! The smoky paint can smelt when you come into the house, but with the paint job done upstairs it is gone. The new carpeting is nice and spongy.

The only downside is these mutant mosquitoes that they have here. I am covered in welts. So is Jimmy and my Mom. We have started to take vitamin B1 to sour our blood to them, but I don't know if that will work against these bastards.

We all miss you alot. I really wish that you could have come down with us. Although I have a feeling that you might have gotten angry with me over my speeding.

To close tonight I am going to leave you with one of the jokes that Jimmy and I made. As we were coming in I read this sign that said "Real Indian Blankets $7.77" As I was commenting on the cheapness of the price, Jimmy noted that the smallpox on them was free.

Ok, so it was tasteless, but I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.
I miss you.

Love
d

No comments: