Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Proving to my brother than I am better than the average roommate

I saved Jimmy's ass today. Mr. "Perfers-To-Go-To-Bed-at-3am", got a job, that he loves, at Petsmart for the "dear-god-its-5-in-the-morning" shift. In order to make the first train of the morning and get to work at 6:30am he has to be up at 5 am.

I know that he thinks that it is weird that I make him write his schedule on the kitchen calendar....but it is helpful. Especially on mornings like today when I know that he was supposed to go to work. My alarm goes off at 6am, which I proceed to hit the snooze on until 6:45. I am also a light sleeper, so I normally hear my brother when he gets up. But this morning I had no memory of it. So contrary to my own body's desire to stay warm and in bed, I got up, just to check to see if he was up.

I turned on the bathroom light and opened Jimmy's door that lead to the bathroom. He was still in bed.
I didn't say a word. He looked groggily at me and was starting to complain about my presence there when he shot straight up in bed, looked at the clock and said "Fuck!" rather loudly.

I would just like to point out that your average roommate would not have checked to see if you had left for work....and your average roommate wouldn't have thrown on some pants and flip flops to drive you to your job at 6 am on a cold winter's morning.

Further proof that I rule.

No comments: