Monday, August 11, 2008

Explaining the Summons on the Sidebar

When I originally posted the summons on this blog, I don't think that I fully explained what I was doing with it. And now that I am including it on the sidebar of this blog, I should probably go more into it.

I filed the divorce papers in June, and there is a 90-day waiting period between then and the divorce being finalized. The waiting period serves as a time to make sure that all the original paperwork was filed properly and also to ensure that the other party has been summoned.

How do you summon someone when you don't know where they are? Besides sending emails out, and a certified letter to his mom's house (which will be sent today), one way to attempt to notify a respondent is by public notice. And my most immediate form of public notice is this blog. I am pretty sure that Mr.3 has seen one of the emails, and has seen this posted here....and while I am satisfied that he has been given notice, I also have to ensure that the court is satisfied as well. This is definitely a case where I feel that this process should be made easier, as I am already a victim in this, but the court-in their fairness- wants to make sure that Mr.3 is being treated decently in this.

So as September looms nearer I have to attend to yet more divorce paperwork (I'm going back down to the courthouse today to file more stuff)....and of course, this means the re-appearance of the summons. Originally I thought that I would just repost it rather than make it a sidebar feature (and this was due to a bit of embarrassment on my part), but now, I just want to make sure that this thing can be all over with that I am willing to do what it takes to satisfy the courts. I hope that it works.

No comments: