Friday, July 19, 2002

Well, well, well--so much to tell and not enough týme at the interent cafe... So I was pretty mad at Bradley for various reasons that I will not go into at the moment--so angry in fact that I was ready to pack my bags and leave for Diyarbakir--never to return. I was not the only person who was upset with him--early this week there were 12 people on Cathryn's balcony complaining. We all decided to talk to Andy first. The next day Bradley came into the depo and said "Do we need to talk?" I said, "I don't know, do we?" At that point he decided that we probably should. All in all he was hurt that I had not come to him earlier with my complaints-seeing that he saw me as a friend. When I was able to establish that we are on "friend" terms I was brutally honest with him. I could tell that he was hurt-but it did not seem to matter very much at the moment. Every one should be soo proud of me--I cried but did not sob--which meant that I was able to talk to him the whole time instead of having to stop-compose myself- and start again. I forgave him in the end-I am soo predictable sometimes.
So yesterday we went to Hasankeyf for a few hours and then on to Dýyarbakýr. We were pretty tipsy by the time we got to Hasankeyf and Bradley and I just hung out in this cafe that is half in the waters of the Tigris. It was nice just to let my feet sit in the water-Bradley floated for a while-and just about everyone got wet to some degree. It was fun. I was in the party van the entire time-which was fun until Jakob, who is a diabetic and should not be drinking anyway, gpt sick and started to upchuck in the back of the van. He then made Greer sick, who later got Jonathan sick. I get really mad at people who can not handle their alcohol and expect me to pick it up. I refused. Stupid people.
And I know that some people are wondering about the never ending Erol situation. This year we only hired people that were requested by the different excavators. Erol was not requested and therefore not hired. He had asked Aziz, one of our foremen, why we had not been hired yet. He was told that he was not welcome at the dig house becasue he was too familar with all of the women on the dig-not just me. If he agreed not to come to the dig house he could be hired--he then decided to come too the dig house to get clarifycation-and will not be hired. Again stupid people.
That is all for now
Until next time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rivetting story...