Monday, October 28, 2002

So the stupid server kept giving me these error messge saying that there was a faulty template, so I would keep coming back to the site hoping that it would work and then it wouldn't, until this evening when the bright idea hit me-----if I change the template it might work right. and... viola! I am writing to you once again.
Last Friday was a pretty cool day at job number 2 (SWCA), see whenever anyone builds anything across BLM land they have to have an Arch. firm survey the area. Then after the survey is completeing they have to have a representative from that firm moniter the construction workers to make sure that they don't dig through a site. Well, last Thursday our current big project was working on a pipeline out near Nephi. No sites had been found for miles around and there was no evidence in the baulk that there was any cultural remains, so they were digging away...until the backhoe operator noticed something odd sticking out of the back fill pile. Upon investigation they found it to be a human femur. Somehow they had managed to go through an entire burial without any evidence in the baulk. There was no coffin or cultural remains to be found either. So my firm has a crew out there now sifting through a pile of dirt 10 meters by 4 meters and about 2 meters high. But back to Friday morning, they needed to know how many bones they had collected so far, but they didn't have time to wait for Chick to sort them all out-----so they let me do it. :) It has been forever since I took my bone class, but I did ok. I was just so excited that they let me do it---they trusted a lowly lab monkey!!! small things make me happy.
also speaking of small things making me happy, I got my DSL line hooked up today, this also makes me happy because I can check the email and talk on the phone at the same time, not to mention the amazing internet radio oppurtunities now available to me. good day ...

No comments: