Thursday, November 07, 2002

Ever have one of those days when you are afraid that you have become incredibly boring? No? Oh, well, guess that I can't symphaize with you then. See I am actually afraid that I am getting boring, or maybe it is because I don't seem to have any stories to tell. So if nothing interesting happens to me anymore then I must be boring. Right? Right. Hummm...I'll think on that.
It's Ramadan again, this is day number 3 of the the fast. It isn't too difficult this year, but that is probably because I am so busy, I have a feeling that this weekend will just kill me. I forgot to get up early this morning to eat breakfast. So I slept an extra two hours, and although the hunger has much harder to deal with today, it was nice not feeling sleepy all day. I still feel tired though, the sleep deprivation is so acute at times that I stumble around like I am drunk. Luckily for me everyone who sees me doing this, thinks that I am just horsing around.
Oh, last week sometime, I ended up buying two rugs on eBay. They came today. They are Buhara's from Uzbekistan (and for you geography buffs out there, that is where the city of Buhara is). I got them for cheap $1, plus shipping and handling, which came to $30---either way these rugs are a deal. They are pretty big to 4x6 feet. So if you want a cheap rug, go to eBay and search under Uzbek. It's pretty cool.
Anything else? I think I had a hallucination this week, I am not sure. On Tuesday or Wednesday morning, my alarm went off and I was kind of trying to wake up. Then I noticed someone walking into my bathroom. I could see through the person, they had a faint outline. The weird thing is that she looked just like this girl at work. So, I am watching this thing walk into my bathroom, then she bends down as if she is getting water from a water cooler. She fills up her glass and then turns, leaning up against the sink, drinking water, and staring at me. Well, at first I thought that I was half asleep and dreaming or something like that, so I closed my eyes and opened them again. She was still there! Then I closed my eyes, turned my head to face the wall, opened them again. I slowly turned my head back to face the bathroom and....she was still there drinking her water. I was beginning to get annoyed and a little freaked out at this time, because 1, normally blinking once or twice makes the things that I see go away, and 2, I really had to go to the bathroom and I couldn't because someone was in there drinking water!!! My bladder finally won the battle so I got out of bed opn the opposite side, not the one facing the bathroom, walked around the bed to the bathroom and she was gone my the time I got there. Which was good because I got to pee.

No comments: