Friday, June 25, 2004

continuing on with the saga of friday morning. I felt really good this morning
walked into work all relaxed, and when I think about the morning, I feel relaxed
and happy again. humh..that's nice.

however. When I did come in, JB announces that she has finally finished the DOE
report (YEAH!) and then proceeds to just butt into all of the other stuff that
I have to do, but she feels that she has to follow up on. I've done my work-geez!
Of course, this doesn't sound like much but it just adds to the impending doom of
the week following her surgury.

The Chrony guys came in today to discuss the contract for next year. She was
barking demands at them, and orders at me (and I wasn't even in the room). Later
on she apoligized, in a flighty off-hand way if she had been rude, and said that
if she ever did anything that I could just tell her. But I don't think that she
would like the list that I would come up with. I really felt sorry for the Chrony
guys, it was brutal and it sounds as if she was in the full bitch mode. Also
afterwards she kept talking about the contract that SHE was going to sign. She
can't, only "I" can, and I hope that her behavior is going to warrent another
"now I am the director, not you" speech. I hope I hope I hope

28 buildings on campus closed today because the power is out. The University
has its own substation so that isn't really good at all. It is fine in here,
but I think that the air conditioning is off. That really isn't a big deal
because they have it turned up soo high in this building on a normal basis, that
we are surviving quite nicely on the buildt up cold. For some reason though
my desk is covered with little gnats. Most annoying, I might have to spray
raid in here again. and for some reason the hall lights are only half on, so
it makes if feel like it is the last day of school in here. Like I really
should be goofing off. Not that I have a lot to do anyway. I am back on the
long list of things to do today. And for clarification the "long list" is a
list of things to be done (like making electronic copies of old files) that
will make absolutely no difference in the grand scheme of things if it is done
or not. But it does keep up the illusion of extra efficence. Technically I
could sit at the desk and read, waiting for the phone to ring, but for some
reason I feel guilty whenever I do that. At least typing at the computer makes
it looks like I am doing something worthwhile. I don't know though, is it?

No comments: