Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I still feel a bit empty today.

No word yet from Kani, I assume that no word from him is a confirmation of the fact that he doesn't care, and probably never did. I guess that I can add him to the list of people who I have let walk all over me in this life. I re-read his piece today, just to see if I was out of line with my inital comments on the article, and I wasn't, it is just as offensive today as it was the other day. Part of me wants to take back what I said, because I was so mean, and I hate when I am mean. (and for regular readers I know that will sound odd in light of my bashing of JB on here) but thinking mean thoughts about someone is bad enough, acting on them is the worst, and telling someone exactly what you think of them, knowing that it will hurt them is also pretty high on the list. I am sorry if I hurt him, and I know that my email will probably be put in the hate-mail binder he has, but I am not sorry that I told him. Sometimes in the name of friendship you need to tell that person the worst, and hopefully if the friendship is true enough it will withstand it and become stronger. And granted, it has only been 2 says since I sent the email, 2 days is not a long time in the life of someone who is as "busy" as Kani says that he is. But if I was expected to drop everything to edit his stupid article on a holiday weekend, then I feel that I should be able to get a response from him. If I had said nothing, I at least would have gotten a thank you email from him. My mom seems a bit worried, because she knows that my feelings are hurt in all of this, and they are, but it isn't something that she needs to worry about, it wouldn't be the first time that I let myself become emotionally attached to someone (and them having absolutely no clue in the world) and getting my hopes and ego crushed. It is all part of the learning process. Some people boldly go out, make mistakes, and get squashed in a very open way, I have always been very very subtle about it.

It is very quiet at work today. Beth comes in late on Tuesdays at 9:30 and "I" called to say that he will be here sometime before his 12:30 lunch appointment, so I guess that I will be pretty much by myself most of today anyway. I have stuff to do, I just don't want to start any of it. But I should go Sluglett said that he will be coming in today and I really don't want to get caught goofing off by him, his britishness seems to make me feel a little more guilty than I know I should be.
Till later

No comments: