Sunday, July 11, 2004

Kani wrote back last night, he wasn't mad at me, which I guess it ok. And his email was another one of those things where his meaning could be blurred. I veil things in my emails to him, and this last one seemed like he was doing the same thing. But let's keep the obvious option open shall we, I AM OVER ANAYLIZING EVERYTHING,yet again. There is a conference on Kurdish studies in September, in San Fran, that he will be speaking at, and while there are many other speakers that I want to see there also---I think that I am going to go. If I do go, I am going to do it right. I am going to stay in a nice hotel close to where the conference is, and I am going to make sure that I have funds enough with me to make sure that I enjoy myself. I have done San Fran on a shoestring so many times, that I wonder what it would be like to live it up a little. In order to do this I am going to have get a second job, but something in me tells me that I need to do this. I feel like I am on a precipice, I must lean over the edge.
Other not so pressing/profound things for today...watch Possession and Best in Show, like them both. I like Possession better this time when I saw it, I was too close to the book last time and couldn't appreciate it for its real worth. I finished the Count of Monte Cristo this morning, what a cool book. I am going to start the 3 musketeers tonight when I get back to Salt Lake, I might as well continue with the Alexander Dumas kick that I am on. And last night we went to Spiderman 2, excellent---I love it when love prevails...I am a sucker for a good love story.
Tomorrow it is back to Day 14 of the office purgatory countdown. I bought gift bags for those stupid gifts JB just had to buy for the wedding that she made me beg for an invitation for. God, I hate how she put me in that position. I didn't want to get a gift, and I sure as hell didn't want to go that the wedding. And although I passed the invite along to everyone in the office, you just know that JB will go. I can picture it, she will walk in with her and her horde, and "I" will give a short paniked look to his wife "why the hell is she here?" and Melanie will just have to nod "I had to invite her, it wouldn't have been proper otherwise they had gotten a gift." What a bitch JB is.

No comments: