Thursday, July 08, 2004

Yesterday was a wonderful day, I was relaxed and spent most of the day playing with photoshop and splicing Madonna's head into a Kabbalah diagram for Lenowitz's class flyer. But today, I walked in, smelt JB's perfume and all of this anxiety and tension went into my shoulders. It was her first day back from her surgury. she was only here until 3, but that was enough. I am in the office not even 2 minutes when she starts telling me about plans to move more filing cabinets around. God, just leave them where they are. Who fucking cares! We also did the welcome back card and cheesecake mini-party for her. I came up with the idea, and arranged it so that everyone could be there, but I just couldn't face niceness. I was made to feel obligated to do something for her and it still pisses me off. While we were eating, June was telling this story about a cuckoo clock, and "I" didn't know what that was. It isn't something that they have in Egypt you know. But JB's daughter was there (she is in college) and completely rolled her eyes and gave her mom this "he is for real look?" and she nodded back smuggly. Here is the thing, beside being incredibly rude, "I" SAW THE WHOLE EXCHANGE!! I know that he did, because he looked at me right afterwards. I mean come on!! Rudeness obviously runs in the family, but at least "I" and I wouldn't invite our bosses to our house when it looked like hers did. Who is better than who here? And yes, I am going to make an incredibly egotistical remark here: I am better than that! Other things that she did today weren't too bad, in fact I had expected worse. She had me read an email outloud to her, I thought it was her arm that was hurt not her eyes, but all right. and then she insisted on typing some labels for more files, I am not sure why she didn't have me do them, that is her normal trick. But she started doing the
well the next time you go and get folders in the back" whine. I had already prepared myself for that and had them in my file cabinet. So I put the labels on the folders for her. Half of the names were typed wrong, I re-did a few of them, but it annoyed me because I knew that if I had done that crappy of a job she would have gotten mad at me for it and given me another one of her "in order to be a good secretary" speeches. Fuck that. And while I have had more important things to do today I haven't really gotten around to any of them because I would start something then she would call me in there. So I haven't done anything at all today, but I think that I am going to make out a definite timeline for tomorrow. well making the timeline isn't going to be that helpful, but it will take up some time today.

Also we are not really sure when Mandy is coming back. JB said today that it was the 1st of August, June said that it was the 26th of this month. I emailed Mandy to find out. But if I base the date on the first of next month, take out the weekends, and the 30th (my birthday and I am taking it off) I would only have to deal with JB for 15 more days (not counting today)---the offical countdown will begin tomorrow. "I" left for a conference in Paris today. It was so fun when he was here and not JB, yesterday he left his office open and played Arabic pop music really loud, and he sang along, lots of fun.

Had the dentist fill in the root canal yesterday. A good tech makes all the difference. When she put the dental dam on she total ripped up my gums, which throbbed all during the procedure. In fact today my tooth doesn't hurt but the gums sure do.

No comments: