Monday, August 09, 2004

A legitimate complaint about JB.
So today the new Arabic instructor was supposed to come in, no surprise, we all knew.
JB went to lunch, leaving me with her customary "if you need anything just call my cell". The new Arabic teacher came in and I didn't know what JB needed from her. So I called and asked. She told me to have her wait for 15 minutes and she would be right in. The new Arabic teacher was alright with that, I entertained her, got her classw schedule worked out, ordered books for her, got new contact information etc, etc. 25 minutes later, JB breezes in says Hi to her and goes into her office and starts shuffling papers, making copies, doing things that would look like she was getting stuff ready for her. 10 minutes later, she hasn't said anything or come out at all. The arabic teacher is getting upset. I go in and ask JB if she was ready and she loudly (thank goodness) announces that she forgot all about it and was just working on other stuff. I mean come on, she said Hi to the woman, I called her, just like she wanted me to. I give her the benefit of the doubt and she acted in a most embarassing manner. The arabic teacher's sister was nice, she acknowledged that I was really effiencet and thanked me for all the help that I had been, but also commisserated with me over JB. So not only does JB have a superiority complex, having to know what is going on and having her fingers in everything, but also shown that she can't even handle the little authority that is given to her.

And this little event completely knotted up my back. Oh, and she and Claudia (the hebrew instructor) decided to start moving stuff into the CLEAN conference room. Granted it was just a Hebrew Typewriter, but they just moved it in and left it. They have no sense of balance! I had to go in and clean the thing up and move some of the furniture around to make it look like it was part of the display, I managed it, but I sure wish that she would consult me first. Thank god I am decorating, I have seen her house. It is nasty.

Later tonight I am going to post the pictures from my dad's rocket convention from this weekend on the Salt Flats. It was pretty cool. It is very surreal out there on the salt flats, driving on it looks like you are coasting on snow and ice.

No comments: