Friday, August 13, 2004

A lot has happened in the past 2-ish days and I just haven't been able to get to the computer to illustrate.

First off, the hard drive on my work computer committed suicide. We have a new one in, but I am missing the vital programs to do anything with the website and/or designing flyers. Hopefully they will get the rest of the software loaded on Monday and I can resume FULL normal operations. I stayed later on Wednesday night just trying to reload programs. The tech guy put on netscape 4.7--didn't work, and version 7.1 won't work with the operating system that I am on. So trying to find 7.0 was hell. I somehow managed to download the Canada version and trying to check my email on AOLCanada doesn't work. The same goes for trying to find the older version of iTunes. UGH!!! But I finally managed it.

Later that evening I met Kathryn, her boyfriend Kelly, her sister Becka and Libby at the bar. Kathryn and co. left around 8 and so Libby and I played doubles with 2 guys named Nielson and Marshall. Libby and Marshall hit it off REALLY well. After pool we all went to Marshall's house where he whipped up pasta and a raspberry vingarette (from scratch! it was soo cool!) for us to eat. Then we watched the movie "The Butterfly Effect", better than I thought it was going to be, but no matter the circumstances pre-natal suicide is really creepy. By the time I got home and ready for bed it was 3:30, but I was on time for work the next morning. I felt like death on a cracker, but I made it. Libby stayed over with Marshall and they might become a regular thing. She commented yesterday that it is weird having sex with someone that you don't love. If Colin only had a fucking clue. But for the moment she is happy with the distraction that Marshall is serving to be, so I guess that is ok. I have been really introspective since that night. I mean Nielson was cute but I didn't make any effort. Neither of us was interested in anything other than playing pool. Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but the role that I designate for myself just seems strange. And I feel like I am saving my emotions for something...and I worry that the closer september gets, the more likely that they will get crushed very soon. Dang I am pathetic.

On to other matters, last night I went to Julius Caesar at the Babcock Theatre. Damn it was good. But I was so tired by the end, I am not sure how I managed to stay awake enough to drive home.

Wednesday JB went to the dentist, for what she feared was the beginning of an absess in her tooth. It was. And since this particular tooth had already had a root canal done on it they had to take her to emergency oral surgury. They couldn't save the tooth, so they pulled it out this morning. She showed me the plug and it was black inside and around the tooth. They are going to have to put an implant tooth in and it will take 7 to 8 months to finish the whole process. In the meantime she will have a huge gap where her I-tooth is. Hee hee, she looks so funny, especially when she was trying to talk to people today with bloody gauze hanging out of her mouth. She didn't stay long today and so most of the morning and afternoon have been heavenly.

Oh, and one more thing.. Elif was laid off from the Museum. She is not taking it well, especially since the one who was supposed to be laid off wasn't because she is supposedly having an affair with the director of the museum. We have had lunch together the past 2 days. Today when we were at the Museum cafe you could tell everyone knew, and although they all think that it is wrong, they won't complain as they want to keep their own jobs. She is going to write a letter to the Museum Directory council though to complain about the director's behavior.

It's Mom's birthday on Sunday, and I am not ready.
Later

No comments: