Monday, October 18, 2004

Incommunicato Weekend..

The weekend was too short. Not enough sleep time, not enough time to even get all of my laundry done. Frustration all around.

I got a chance to talk to Roberta today about my grad school classes. And she mentioned that I need to stop "hiding" intellectually. I didn't realize that I did that. She said that I need to push myself out there and tell everyone how good I am instead of letting them find out when I turn my paper in. I appreicate her confidence in me, but it is a little disconcerting. Roberta also made me promise to leave Utah when I do my PhD. She always uses the term "when" with me, I think in terms of "if", makes me wonder if she knows something that I don't. Talked to Sluglett today, wonderful Yorkshireman that he is. He asked about my grad school status as well, he said that it was "about bloody time" that I started. I have only taken a semester off, goodness how long do people think that I have been done with school?

On to other subjects..Mehdi Zana was released when they realized that they had nothing to hold him on...damn the turks are stupid. An article bashing the marriage of Minister Berwari surfaced, the article placed the marriage in the larger context of a tribal political alliance, which in light of the new hubby's remarks lately, not only make Nesreen to look a total fool but her whole family as well.

No comments: