Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Things that I resist...

1) Sticking a nail into those huge blowup balloon animal things that businesses use to advertise. The majority of the time they are giant gorillas or spiders, which I am not sure is going to make me want to buy something. I expect that when the average person on the street meets a real life spider or gorilla that size, their first instinct is to run in the opposite direction as fast as possible, not decide that they really are going to buy that new used car or donate $100 to cancer research.

2) Throwing my keys down a storm grate. It is one of those things that I am always tempted to do when I walk past them. I am not sure why, maybe I just want to see what other people would do for me in the situation, or possible it would be a chance to go complete drama queen on everyone. Honestly have you ever seen that happen to someone? What really happens to the keys, do they ever get retreived? Or are most people so embarassed that they never tell anyone else that it ever happened? I think I have a disaster complex, I am completely fasinated with the "what if?". I am the type of person who on the tram rides at amusement parks or on roller coasters wonders "what would happen to me if I fell out, now....how about...now!" No, I am not suicidal, but I wonder how bad I would be hurt if such an awful thing would occur. I do the same thing when I am a passenger in a car, if I jumped out now, or if I drove off the road here, how badly would I be hurt? And now that my regular readers think that I am a complete psycho...on to the next thing I resist...

3) posting up my own personal terrorist-threat warning level system on my computer at work. For example Red would be "I am busy blogging, emailing, or generally goofing off, leave me alone", Orange would be "I am busy working, please do not disturb me", yellow "I am actually working, but I am alright with interruptions", green "Open for flirting and any/all distractions that you can offer me." and blue "Delal has left the building, come back when you thing that I might pay attention to anything that happens around me".

I am at home with odd numbers so I am going to leave the list there, when more things on the list occur to me I will let you know.

No comments: