Wednesday, December 29, 2004

the lush strikes again!

Last tuesday, the 21st, Linda had a holiday gathering at her house. Her husband Bill had smoked a Turkey and the food turned out really well...it was a needed party for her because she needed just to kick back with friends, it has been so difficult for her later. However as with any party with Linda there is always a copious amount of wine involved...which is fine, but when you mix it with "the bug" it always brings out the most ....ahhh...interesting things from her. Now despite Linda telling me that the bug can really drink, after half a glass of wine she is so obnoxious (way beyound her normal sober level of annoyingness) that you just want to beat the woman. After her second glass she was doing that thing, where only really drunk people do, which is ask other people to guard their drink (and militantly guard their drink) when they go to the bathroom. After the third or fourth drink she started butting into conversations with stories that contain wayyyy toooo much information. For example...Isil, Rebecca and I were talking in the corner about subjects pertaining to sex, trading secrets that sort of things, when the bug comes up and announces (and I use that word because the entire room heard it) that she has 2 sex books at home and that I was more than welcomed to borrow them. As she continued I found myself alone with her (I don't know how both Rebecca and Isil managed to get away, but that was really cruel to leave me like that) The bug started telling me stories of how she tried to rekindle her love life with her husband that I suspect that she has never, ever been happy with, but loves the country club status and lifestyle too much to leave him. One story was that she invited him home for lunch and greeted him naked while laying atop one of her Turkish rugs....the strange part of this story was that she placed the rug on top of their bed. I'm sorry but if you are willing to roll yourself out on the rug, the rug should just stay on the floor, how silly is that? Anyway, there are a lot more instances of stories that she told, all equally scarring to my psyche.

but wait, there is more...this Monday "I" took everyone in the office (including Mr.3) out to lunch to meet his daughters. Somehow the 2 of us ended up across the table from the bug. Now her want of properity really bothers me to begin with, but when your boss is taking you out to lunch, the last thing you do is order the most expensive item on the menu...it is common curteousy. Towards the beginning of the meal, Linda suggested maybe sharing a bottle of wine (which is fine to suggest and I know that Linda would have been willing to pay for it if "I" didn't want to go to that expense), the bug literally jumped to grab the beer and wine list out of "I" hand, and then of course she is picking things from the bottom of the list..and on most wine lists that is the most expensive...and maybe it seems silly to complain about it, but if she can't afford to buy it why make your boss? Also keep in mind that this is a lunch and that everyone was going make to work afterwards...but that didn't stop her from guzzling down 3 glasses of wine. (She reeked all day, who knows what students think of her)...of course with her alcohol consumption her level of annoyance goes up and I was ready to kill her by the end of the luncheon. While we were talking, Rebecca and Mr.3 were sharing memories for growing up in Germany and while the bug would ignore them during that time, anytime some alcoholic beverage was mentioned (which happens a lot when you are discussing German festivals and holidays) she would perk right up and ask questions and...ugh....even talking about alcohol and she starts to act like she is already been drinking...the sad thing is that I don't think that I really care if she has a drinking problem or not, I just want her to stop annoying me.

No comments: