Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Xmas and a funeral

I know I know, it has been forever.

I had a nice holiday weekend. But let's begin with Joane's funeral...and I know that it isn't nice to trash a funeral...but still...when you are giving a eulogy, most people talk about the person themselves, not their faith in God and how they made sure that her family followed the principles of "the church". In fact I heard more about Jesus than I did Joane, and that isn't fair, she was a wonderful woman. Mormon hymns scare me...there was this beautiful song called "His Hands" that someone sang but when you listened to the lyrics it was graphic descriptions of Christ's cruxifiction...I think that the lyrics would give small childern nightmares. At the gravesite we sang Christmas carols because that was Joane's wish as this is her favorite time of the year. All of her childern wore holiday clothing instead of black...which was very fitting.

Mr.3 came down with me to my parents for the funeral and Christmas. As we were not allowed to stay in the same room together, I had lobbied before hand to be allowed to spend one night with him with lots of silly provisos like we would be fully dressed the whole time, yada yada yada. But honestly, who really wants to get it on when your parents are sleeping across the hall. Anyway, I had managed to secure Christmas Eve, but when we got there, Jimmy announced that I could stay all the nights we were there with Mr.3, which and don't get me wrong, I liked, but definitely wasn't expecting. Jimmy was playing the situation off as that it was something that he was "allowing"us to do, but the reality was that he hadn't cleaned his room and I couldn't of stayed in his room even if I wanted to.
On Christmas Eve eve my Mom's kitchen sink stopped up. Mr.3 spent most of the 24th trying to unclog it, but to no avail. At about 6pm, I could sense that my Mom was going to freak out soon as she had 2 hours to finish wrapping, make the neighbor's gifts, make dinner, and find some way of getting the dishes done. So I took over, Mr. 3 cooked the dinner, Mom wrapped the gifts and the neighbor's stuff, Jimmy delivered the gifts, and I made the main bathroom the auxillary kitchen and washed all of the dishes in the bathtub. Can I just tell you that 3 hours of hanging over the side of a tub on your knees is not a pleasant experience...my back still aches from the whole ordeal. Everything got done, and that was the important thing.

for the next installments to come expect some stories about the bug being a lush at Linda's party...stupid statements made from friends, and unneccasary paranoia...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you and Mr.3 on the 24th! You saved my sanity and made the evening wonderful! THANKS!!!!
Dimari