Friday, December 17, 2004

stressful friday

I have had to take a stomach pill this afternoon because of stress build-up, and the dam pill ain't working yet. Not that it has been one particular thing that has been stressful, just lots of other little things....e-grading, lazy professors, model arab league, etc...We had a meeting today for MAL, DJ was extrememly abrasive and if he would just calm down things could be fixed so easily, but no...not with him, that would be the easy way out. And Mushira complained to "I" that I didn't do my job correctly because her staff screwed up...but at least I have proof that I did everything right, thank heavens for copy machines.

Last night I went and saw Beauty and the Beast with Libby's mom. It was good, but I am still in favor of the movie...animation just has so much more energy.

Really the bright spot in my day has been Mr.3, even with him not feeling well. He has caught my change-of-season cold. When I was leaving last night to go to the play, he told me that he loved me and that he knew I had been wanting to say that to him for days. It was a wonderful moment, and even in the face of the grief of yesterday, I think that comment made my year, decade, whatever...because I have been wanting to tell him that, but I worry that it would be too soon and that it would scare him off...so I have kept quiet, painfully so, but I am glad that it is out of the way in the open. It is a weight off of my shoulders, lessened my doubt. Wednesday evening he finally met Libby, while he was in the restroom we were talking about him, obviously. I mentioned that at times I wondered why he was even with me. Libby's response was, "well, why wouldn't he?" That helped too, if anyone was going to be brutally honest with me, it's Libby, and when I need that slap back to reality comment, she is the first to give it. Not that I have low self-esteem, far from it, but I am not immune to those moments of self-doubt.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's wonderful debbie.. the "i love you" moment is always great. Congrats