Friday, March 25, 2005

A lament for the cent symbol...

Where or where did the cent symbol go on the keyboard? I suspect that the sneaky @ sign took it's place...but it is even gone from the insert symbol menu! Was this a case of puncuation extermination? What has the world gone to? Does no one value the importance of a single penny!!!???

It's a sad sad day for the keyboard.

Another thing that was sad today was that the bug decided to give everyone "Spring" gifts. She planted hyacnith blubs in those large coffee mugs to be cute. But the reality was that it gave her something to do to avoid her husband. And of course, you must accept..there is no way out of it...a deal from the devil that proper office ettique forces you to subject yourself to. I have no idea what to do with this thing. Transporting it home is going to be a pain.

And yet another sad sad thing is that today being Good Friday, and in the bugs attempt at being a 'good Catholic', she is fasting and abstaining for today. And while that has prevented her from eating any food off of my desk, it still hasn't prevented her from reaching for the said food, remember that she is supposed to be fasting, and complain about it. And the worst amount of complaining was at 10 in the morning. She must have given up because I saw her eating a cookie and drinking some tea a little while ago. Anyone who has survived multiple Ramadans understands how difficult it is to fast and that anyone who is complaining that early in the day needs to be smacked. But of course this is the same woman who leaned on my shoulder last Ramadan, asked me about it while eating a doughnut; the crumbs of which landing on my face and shoulders.

1 comment:

Jawad said...

Something called 'rounding' came along I suppose. :)

I have a question that's not related to this post. I was always wondering about the Kurdish language, its origins and which alphabet it uses in its original form. Would you please enlighten me.

Hope also that you come over to my blog and share your perspective about the Middle East.