Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pee and Coffee

But not in that order.

Last night I went out to coffee with Steph. She and her husband have been having problems, and it was nice to talk. I was hoping that I would be some sort of solace for her, but I think that I was crap at it...I felt like I talked a lot about myself last night and didn't focus enough on her. But I am going to try to spend more time with her.

While I throughly enjoyed the coffee that I did have, my stomach was agrueing with me later that night. I felt kinda sick when I went to bed, but I didn't upchuck or anything.

At about 3:30 Mr.3 got up to go to the restroom, and I thought that it sounded like a good idea so I did the same when he got back to bed. Now I remember thinking to myself that I thought that I had heard him flush the toilet, and thought it was odd that there looked like there was pee still in there. But I went anyway, and then flushed...only to have all of the pee water rush all over my feet. In panic mode I start to dismantle the top of the toilet and get the water to stop, but by then there is pee all over the floor (soaking the bathmat) and the puddle was beginning to rush towards the carpet.

Now amatuer plumbing at any time of night is not fun, but since Mr.3 and I sleep naked this added an extra gross factor to it all. We haven't been able to find a plunger in the house and Mr.3 was using some sort of coathanger apparatus which wasn't working very well...he finally got dressed to go and search in the garage for one...and he did find one, which helped a lot. Meanwhile, I am mopping the pee off the floor, and trying to get all of the pee out of the bathmat in the shower by running water through it. Then there was this horrifying run with the wet bathmat down the hall to the washing machine, at which point I was just covered with pee water. the nausous level was extremely high at this point.

To some extent I was really proud of myself, because I wanted to freak out because I was covered with pee, I wanted to freak out about cleaning up the floor and the carpet, I wanted to yell and blame someone, anyone for the whole situation...but I didn't. I kept it all in, I didn't yell, we didn't fight (and it would have been easy to do so), I didn't freak or throw up (a huge feat in itself)...I did cry a little after everything was cleaned up and we were back in bed, but only a little...and I don't think Mr.3 noticed...he might have, but he did the right thing by not mentioning it. I don't want to be reminded that I am emotional and crying. He did everything right.

After the bathroom was cleaned up (the pee rags in a garbage bag and out of the room, the floor disinfested and cleaned) it was time to clean me. I took a very hot shower and washed with 3 different soaps...and even though I knew that I was clean, I still felt gross and as if I was going to throw up.

Neither of us managed to sleep but between the 4:30 time I got to bed and the 6am alarm clock. I am really out of sorts today, and I still feel sick. I dont' think that it is from this mornings events or the lack of sleep, but due to the amount of stress that I am feeling from school and my stomach from last night.

School wise, we are in the last week until classes end, and I can feel myself shutting down. Not knowing the exact date of when my paper is due, is not helping the situation, because if I knew I would feel like I could plan better, which I really need to do, especially as we and the rest of my wacky family are going to Moab this weekend and I know that I won't get any homework done, nor do I want to. A little rest before the storm should be good for both Mr.3 and I.

And of course...when something interesting happens to you, you tell your friends in the office, which unfortuatley means that someone will overhear...in this case the bug...who has been dropping "I smell urine, do you smell urine" jokes all afternoon. If I wasn't so tired I would smack the smirk off of her face...the urine would still smell better than the perfume she uses to cover up the alcohol when she has her "luncheons".

1 comment:

Emmunah said...

Hey, thanks for your comments on the Kurdish forum. I tried very hard, but to no avail. It seemed they were going to make fun of me for falling into the trap of "corniness and optimism" for trying to practice what I preace NO RACISM. I am familiar with this, because it seems everyone has a "hate group" these days...but I do not have any hate for any individual who is not personally trying to kill me or mine. I take everyone who offers the olive branch and try to offer that in return...no matter that their hatred goes back 4000 years, we do not have to go forward with that hate. But...alas...if you deviate from the "tribal" Party line you are disliked. In the US, the expression is "the only thing in the center of the road are two yellow lines and dead animals", and another version of that is..."If you go to the middle to make peace it is likely you will only get shot from both sides". So...I really appreciate your "grown up" comments. I'm old, older than I tell anyone, and I've just watched too many conflicts where everyone wants to yell and everyone just comes away with their suspicious confirmed about those OTHER people. Enemies, needlessly made, is neither wise nor brave. It is harder to suck it up and offer a hand in friendship whenever possible...but...no one sees this.