Monday, May 02, 2005

The Cult of Delal

So today was the "meeting" between Kate, the boss, and I to discuss the email that I sent on Thursday to the bug...here is the basic gist of the meeting:

1. I apparently am not out of line, but as long as I am willing to be flexible and "try" to work with her, everything should be alright..."I" described this as "incremental diplomacy".
2. I am appreciated at work (not something that I was worried about, but they were worried that I didn't know...please my ego is large enough that I know how I am needed there) but my effeciency is frightening to those who can not compete with me...or rather people like the bug who try to compete with my efficency will fail everytime and be resentful..
and finally the most disturbing...
3. The bug apparently wants to be like me and that all of her annoying traits are just attempts on her side to "soften up" and relate to me. She also just wants me to "like" her. This is something that I might buy if I was a five-year old, but the reality is that you need to add twenty more years to that mentality. Kate gave the metaphor that my desk is the "watercooler" of the office. That I buy. Everyone and everything literally revolves around me in the office and the bug is jealous of that, and is trying to be a part of it.

So what they were basically saying was that I am popular and she isn't and I should put up with her so that I don't crush her fragile ego...all of a sudden I have been pushed back into middle school with a 62 year old dweeb. Of course in Middle and High School I was part of the anti-popular pack -that pack including the jocks and cheerleaders- and was quite active in a multitude of various cliches, but I would have never described myself as "popular" by any means. And here I am, now popular and way too egotisical in my self-reliant "shame" to truely appreicate the precious gift that has been bestowed upon me. It apparently has nothing to do with being a good person, or being natuarally caring, something beyound that leads me to this higher calling...

or, its called being a Leo.

The situation is almost too sickening to be true. Ugh. However I am accepting applications for new priests and converts to the cult of me..

No comments: