Friday, September 22, 2006

good news for a friday

today I was once again allowed to have a bank account. pause for a moment while I look wistfully up at the sky in my best king-of-the-mountain stance...
pause..
pause again...
ok, rest.

When the whole problem came out with Zion's Bank I got booted into check systems for unpaid debt to the bank. If you have never heard of check systems...be glad...it is a place that you never want to be.

It sucks.

Really

Really

Sucks.

Imagine having all of your other bank accounts be closed because you owed another bank money. And while you might have wanted to use the money from your second bank account to pay off the first...if you have a check systems flag, it completely freezes your assets. So even if you wanted to pay them...you might not be able to.

As I said, it really really sucks.

But I have paid them now, and I have been operating without a functioning bank account for 2 months now. It is amazing how many things are cut off to you if you don't have a bank account. For instance, trying to deal with my many creditors...let's move on past the fact that I don't have any money to pay them to begin with...but since I don't have a bank account, they are less willing to work anything out with me as to handling that debt.

Can I just tell you how nice it felt to just set up my bills being paid online without now having to drive down the valley to make my power and cable bill payment in person? Oh, so nice. I can now fully count on not leaving the house for the rest of the weekend. Pajama pants here I come! I think that I am going to settle down with a home-made smoothie and watch frivelous tv for the rest of the evening.

No comments: