Friday, November 10, 2006

Anniversaries

Yesterday was really hard. Yesterday marked my 9 month anniversary and marked the time where I have spent as much of my married life with Mr.3 as I have away from him. And yesterday also marked -as Mr.3 informed me of yesterday- the two year anniversary of our first meeting. He came into the MEC and I had asked him if I was drooling all over myself because I had been to the dentist earlier that morning.

during our phone conversation last night I cried through most of it. I apologized to him, but I can't help it. I have so many questions that I need to ask him, but if it puts him in a bad light we shouldn't discuss it because anything he says can be used against him. so I am sad and angry at having been put in this position.

today on campus they are celebrating veteran's day. this hurts as well. I am married to a veteran who was hurt more than I will ever be able to understand. a veteran who last year dove underneath the table when they did a cannon salute in honor in of the day. a veteran who recites the soldier's creed like a mantra while waiting in jail. a veteran who after being in treatment for months is denied his medication by his jailers...how fair is that? how can he ever get better? how can be ever get to the point where we will be able to start over again?

No comments: