Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No Cactus Superpowers for Me :(

This weekend marked my first full weekend at working at Cactus and Tropicals...alas, no more weekends for me anymore. The nice thing is that the job isn't difficult, I only have to ring up customers and make sure that my area is clean. No customer service. It's great. The only thing that isn't great is the attacking cactus.

There I was walking with a slight hop in my step as I was going to go and get lunch, when I was attacked by a cactus. Two inches spires, and I swear it attacked me on purpose. My hand is all scratched up...I looked like I was clawed. My hand was bleeding and swollen all day Saturday.

My only regret:
that I didn't wake up the next morning with cactus superpowers.

A waste really.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, yesterday was my birthday (don't say anything, I didn't want to advertise it!), and I was miserable all day long. And it wasn't as though people weren't nice to me...on the contrary. I had wonderful birthday wishes from all of those close to me. But no matter how nice people were yesterday...I just could not bring myself to be happy about anything.

All I could think about was that it was another day where I had to manage on my own. Mr.3 has now missed two birthdays (and I just tick off all of the important days that he misses anymore), and Mom and Dad are a state away so there was no one really to organize a family party. Even when I was in Turkey...someone managed to make a cake for me. I had to buy my own yesterday. And as such, I bought a super expensive cake that feeds a ton of people. So we really can't buy groceries until payday next Tuesday....so that cake is a bit more precious now. Mmmmmm....cake. Sounds so good at the moment...

Most of yesterday I spent crying in my office working. I just didn't want to go home and I stayed until 4 in the afternoon (I normally leave at 1:30). And today....all I want to do is go home. So I am leaving early today....in a half hour to be exact.

The cake is calling me...

2 comments:

Jason said...

Well, if you don't want anyone to say anything... happy Monday, a day late. I hope that you managed to enjoy some of your Monday and maybe next Monday will be better.

IMA said...

Better late than never (?)
Happy Birthday DA!
Hugs.