Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Looking Back....

This month is a month of several anniversaries: my grandfather's death, Jimmy moving in with me, and learning the truth about Mr.3's identity. Rather than focusing on the weirdness that surrounds my husband...let's go over some of the things that I had overcome and worked through this past year.

1. Finding strength that I never knew I had. Even with all of what has happened to me and to my family this past year....I still have managed to keep my head straight and be a support to the rest of my family.

2. Patience and understanding. I'm not saying that I'm a saint....but I have learned alot about other people, how do deal with them, basic diplomacy, and have learned to hold my head up under immense strain.

3. Financial improvement. I have been through a bankruptcy this year....been to the absolute bottom depths...and I am making strides to come out of it. I am starting to save money each month. I am researching investing, looking into what I need to do in order to be able to afford a house of my own one day. And...the biggest victory of all....I'm making arrangements to pay on my student loans.

4. Health. Ok, so this is a smaller one....but I am back on my medication for sugar. I'm trying to learn how to relax...see even now...I should be working but I'm not, I'm writing. See....relaxing...sort of.

5. Job security and/or betterment. This year has been a great year for my career. My work at Outreach has been consistently noticed by the right people. Job 3 is going smashingly well, and I have great money making potential there.

6. And perhaps the best of all...my green thumb has clicked in and I have successfully learned how to care for plants and keep them alive.

Short list, but a good one I think.

No comments: