Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Of My Education

Avoided it long enough really....I got the notices in the mail that I have to start paying back my student loans. Ah....borrowing was so easy....payback is a bitch.

My college education bill (keep in mind a large hunk on this money was used for living expenses): 68 grand.

Monthly bill: $450 for the next 30 years.

Painful, but manageable. Actually, before the bankruptcy I think that I was paying more each month in credit card bills. Since Job #3 is more lucrative than Cactus and Tropicals I am going to quit it and spend the time that I would have been working there working at home on Job 3. (Although I am waiting for the ok from Job 3 for the increase in hours---hopefully it won't be a problem.)

I was sick earlier this week....some strange and obnoxious flu like thing. So with sickness and the emotional trauma of the loan thing, I was a wreck last night. I am so glad that I confronted it all though because today is shaping up to be a great day.

I've taken the day off today because....IT'S JIMMY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!
While his turning 19 makes me feel old, I am so proud of him and I want to make it a good day for him, and one of the things that I could do was to take a day off of work to spend it with him. Libby and I, in good sisterly fashion, will be taking him out to a birthday lunch. Lunch because he wants to go and work at the haunted house tonight. As I have Zonta tonight, that helps.

My good mood is a oddly nice change to things. Today also marks the 8 month mark since I have last seen my husband...the turkey butt. This only gives me further reasons to start writing again. One, I would rather write than go to therapy on my own, Two, a best-selling book would make the student loans go away, and Three....I miss writing so much.

No comments: