Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday Stuff

Jimmy finally got his iTouch this weekend. Unfortunately, in order for it to work I had to download the XP security suite pack 2. I have been avoiding adding it for years. I did it once and removed it, and now I remember why.... because it has turned my computer into a total dousch. It keeps trying to connect to other 'secured' networks in the area, rather than my network which is unsecured. Even though it says that my screensaver is all set and ready to go, it lies. And who knows that happened to my desktop background....

I really don't have time to deal with a computer that keeps wanting to make some sort of value judgment about my computer preferences.

Plus, the security pack took up a bunch of space and we had to delete some programs for hard-drive space. I really just need to buckle down and get an external hard drive as the music and photos between Jimmy and I are taking up all the space. I remember when I first got this computer and the idea of filling up 30 gigs was an unreality.....now I have only 1 gig free space and we have already cut down on alot of what we had saved on it.

At the moment I have the house to myself. Jimmy is out with some friends. I've finished my four hours at job 3...and now I need to figure out what to do with my time. I need to work on dishes, if only for the fact that we are now out of both the large and small forks. And I need to clean. This place is still overloaded with furniture and boxes from Jimmy's IKEA bedroom transformation.

I've been working on reading my science books. Currently reading one on quantum entanglement. I'm having a hard time getting through it, but it is interesting. This morning I decided to take a break from it and read The Bell Jar. I read it in a couple of hours, and honestly I don't see why it is that important of a book....then again, I didn't think too much of Catcher in the Rye either. Maybe it is the difference between reading a book for fun versus reading a book with the aim of discussing and dissecting it?

Even though I haven't gotten much sleep this weekend (I took Jimmy to work at 6:30am this morning), today has been quite relaxing. Which is needed....who knows what will happen at work tomorrow. The "fun" at the MEC has hit the press....which complicates matters even more. I hope this mess gets resolved soon...and in a manner that will enable to keep ahold of my job. I'm gonna link here to the news articles from the Daily Chronicle (the University's paper) and the Salt Lake Tribune. The comments that are stemming from these are most interesting....especially when you look at who are the ones commenting. In many ways I am glad this is more public, it lessens the stress on staff with everyone under the sun trying to figure out what is going on....now we can just say, read the article because that is about all we know. Although I really pity the PR department at the U.

Karawan resigns over Middle East Center dismissals

Dean quiet about Karawan's resignation

U. Mideast Center in Turmoil

Letter: Newman Should Resign

Clarification: Dean Ott independent from Mid East Center shakeup

No comments: