Sunday, July 20, 2008

Roller Derby and More!

So I went to roller derby with Ryan and Stephanie last night. We sat in the suicide area which is on the floor just on the edge of the rink. It was a blast and I definitely am going to go back. It was also interesting to see several people that I knew there: my doctor, a former MALer from BYU, and a guy that I met ages ago at a party at Stephanie's (he was one of the announcers). Even though I had a couple of beers I kept reminding myself that I really should cut my drinking down since I've come back from Budapest. It really isn't that bad, but it could easily get worse.

I got home about 9:30pm, did my GV work for the day, and then headed to bed while lamenting that I still looked damn good and that it was a shame that I didn't have anyone or anything else to do.

At 4:42am I get a text message from someone I am going to refer to as PNG (possible new guy), asking if I was still awake and if my brother is asleep. What my brother has to do with PNG coming over is beyond me. And for the next half hour or so there were several messages back and forth as to whether or not he was going to come over. There were a couple of issues surrounding this....one, the obvious, was that I was being woken out of a dead sleep. Two, was that this seemed to be just a booty call---don't get me wrong, I don't quite mind that, in fact part of the slowness in my replies was trying to decide to what degree I was going to get laid in this situation. I know that it sounds rather crude, but if he was just coming over for a bj and I wasn't going to get anything out of it, I don't really want to waste my time.... of course, this touches on an issue of me feeling "cheated" in various situations in my life that my therapist has been bringing up.

Anyway, by the end of the text conversation he was going to go and get food with his friends and call me back in the afternoon....so no action for me and I am seriously doubting that he will call me back. While I would like for him to call me....I'm just not sure what is up with him. And after asking him out with no answer back from him earlier this week, I am going to make sure that he is the next one to make an offer. If the relationship he wants to have is just a physical one, I am alright with that...I'm just not alright with being woken up at 5 am for a 'session'.

The sad thing is, was that by the end of our text conversation, I had gotten up and was trying to spruce myself up a bit. I had slept in my makeup and my hair was still in pig-tails, so my mascara was smeared a bit and my hair was pointed in difference directions. The worst thing though was that I had fallen asleep with my head on my hand and the blue hand stamp from roller derby has transferred itself to my face in a big blue smeary smudge.

Truly sexy. Oh yeah.

No comments: