Monday, February 09, 2009

Banana Chips and More Broken Teeth

I can't win for losing lately.
Last week I made banana chips in my dehydrator. Today I was eating some, and since they are hard I was chewing on the other side of my mouth from where the temporary crown was put in. And guess what?
Yep.....I chipped another tooth.
It is just a corner of a molar on the bottom right side, and it is a molar that has a filling already in it. No pain, just a little scratchy on the side of my tongue. But its annoying, as it seems that all of my teeth are falling apart at the same time. There is a reason for this....fillings get old and need to be replaced...and all of my fillings were done at the same time about 15 years ago. Note to self- make sure that when I have kids that they get that 2 checkups a year at the dentist.
My body seems to be on a kick lately to ensure that I can eat no food. For the past couple of months I have developed a bile abnormality with my medications....I couldn't keep any sort of food in me and was running to the bathroom constantly. Talked to my doctor and she removed me from the medication and my system has returned to normal. Of course the next day after this happened was my dentist appointment. So now that I can eat....my teeth are deciding that they aren't going to let me.
So the game plan is this:
1. Get some fluoride mouthwash and some toothpaste that helps harden enamel.
2. Get more calcium and magnesium in my diet.
3. Resist the urge to liquidfy every bit of food I eat.....because while I know that only eating things that can be consumed through a straw will definitely not break any more of my teeth....I'm still a few decades short for the need of a geriatric diet.

No comments: