Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Hello everyone. I am in Turkey now without my luggage---this is the second year that this has happened to me and I find it quite annoying. I am really glad that I packed some clothes in my carry ons. I learned from last year.
We arrived in Diyarbakir last night, and will be heading to Bismil a little later today. Our gov. rep is here, he seems to be really nice----please,please, let him be nice the entire time. Bradley is at the police station trying to get us residence permits and we already visited the museum here. So far everything seems to be going well---except that I don't have any baggage.
Nothing too exciting has happened so far. The plane rides were long and boring--however I sat and flirted with the cutest guy on the Istanbul-Diyarbakir flight. That was fun :)
So I hope to write again soon---with luggage hopefully

Man, I totally forgot how difficult it is typing with a Turkish keyboard. The "i" is in a different spot and there are two different types of them. Also the ' , ? @ are all in strange and new places.

No comments: