Monday, August 12, 2002

It feels strange not having to do anything in particular each day. This week has been strange- and yes I know that it is only Monday-but I am going on a week here at my parent's house. I have read a bunch--mostly Harry Potter at the moment-I have forgotten how many times I have read those books by now. And I just finished another one, so I am trying to decide what to do now.
My family and I went up to Spanish Fork today and saw the movie Signs--it was pretty good-with a twist.
Tommorrow is Jimmy's appointment with the therapist and my parent's want me to go in and talk to the guy before the session. I think they think that is will help the therapist understand Jimmy better if he meets the eluvise older sister.
There are odd little things that I have to do before I go back to real life but I am spacing them out along the week so that I will have something to do each day. How do housewives do this everyday? TV is boring-but we did get the Cartoon Network finally-but that even gets boring after a while. The laundry is already done and the house is clean and it isn't time to start thinking about making meals yet. I could spend my time writing emails to everyone that I know, but I don't have anything else to say. The only reason why I continue to type here now is that I like the sound my keyboard makes when I type- I feel useful and productive.
I think that I will give my turtles a bath. It is nice to share a room with them again. Back in the dighouse in Turkey, the fan that was in the lab made this tiny squeak each time it oscillated-it sounded just like the noise that the turtles make when they are restless in their tank. So whenever I was working I would hear that noise and think of them. Sometimes when I look at them and talk to them-yes I talk to my pets- I half expect them to smile back at me. Maybe I have had too much of Harry Potter and the cartoon network...

No comments: