Sunday, June 27, 2004

Yesterday, I went and used the office copy machine for an hour and a half, got everything copied that I wanted. Then I had to go to Perseopolis and pick up a menu for catering possibilites. And I went to this Middle Eastern Grocery store just to check it out, someone had come by work the other day with advertisements for 59 cent pita bread. And yes, it's true. After that I went to the library to see if they had any interesting movies, while there I ran into Ryan and Stephanie who I hadn't seen since my birthday, but I had talked to a couple times on the phone and the very occasional email. So I hung out with Stephanie (watched Pricsella Queen of the Desert-forgot how cool that movie was-2 episodes of law and order) then we went over to one of her friends house that had just moved.
Apparently I meet a lot of people that I forget, but they don't forget me. I didn't use to do all of this stuff. So I find out last night that the company that does all of the ink for our printers at work is the same company that Ryan works for, and the printer guy who talked to me the other day (which I thought was highly unusual) was his brother who remembered me from the wedding. Why didn't he say anything!!!??? ANd also in the how-small-the-world-really-is deal, the September who is part of the dance toupe who I taught how to do Kurdish dances to today was in fact the same September who used to date Edgar (Ryan's friend, who is awful cute, but definitely has issues).

The Kurdish dance instruction went really well. They liked it, and I am going to go back on the 11th to work with them again. 2 hours of dancing. What fun. I don't think that they expected it to be as strenous as it was, but I never have thought as the wedding dances as being an aerobic workout. One thing though, just before I went I watched a bit of the tape from the last Newroz I attended that night. It is amazing how the memories of frustation, inadequacy, and just general hurt from that night can come out. I am such a stupid girl. Oh, and I also noticed how wide I am compared to other people. not the shoulders and head perhaps but the center sections.

So the rest of today.... I watched the Count of Monte Cristo (twice) which I had checked out from the library (it was good, alright) and I started re-reading it. Not that I ever got past the first 100 pages the first time, but now I really want to see what I am missing. I do this with everything, I start soo much and then I get distracted by something else. No wonder it took me so long to graduate college. and now I really have no clue what to do. I know, boo hoo. But dangit this is my damn blog and I can whine if I want to.

I gave the babies a bath again today and cleaned out their tank. I think that I let them wonder around for too long, because they pooped on the carpet again. But at least I don't think that they are mad at me anymore, they discreetly crapped in the corner, so that I wouldn't step on it, or find it....hummm....are my turtles that cunning? That would be cool if they were...

No comments: