Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I guess that I should apoligize somewhat for the harshness of my language yesterday, those who know me know that it is very unusual. I also got calls from family making sure that I was ok, even Jimmy sent me a very cute comment as he knows JB. Thanks hon.
When i talked with "I" yesterday I was able (surprisingly) to rationalize my anger and the overall significance of her moving the filing cabinets. It is part of a trend, and not her trying to show her authority as AA as "I" mentioned. She is still a temporary worker, who wants to keep this job. It would be in her best interests to be friendly with the rest of the office staff and show herself to be a team player. By blatently disregarding the opinions of her office mates, her PERMANENT office mates, she is showing that she has little regard for not only the well=being and management of this office, but also that she has very little regard for any authority. Linda said to "not get mad, but get even" and by talking with "I" over all of this, it is being noted on her record and these incidents are being taken as strikes against her.

After talking with my mom last night I have come to the conclusion that any respect that I had for her on any level is gone. I can't even respect her on a maternal level. On Thursday I wrote a note for Nayereh to look at, I left it in an envelope on my desk and I asked JB to remind her to look at it when she came in. When I came in yesterday, not only was "I"'s schedule lying open on my desk (as JB had added an appointment in it on Friday) and his appointment book should never be left open like that. yes it is on my desk, but it is never available to the public like that. But also on top of the schedule book was Nayereh's letter. The envelope was where I left it, but the letter had obviously been read. Not only did she read something not even intended for her, but she was stupid enough to leave the letter on my desk, in the open, and not put in back in the original envelope. And no, this isn't a case were I forgot to put the letter in the envelope because I made sure on Thursday that my desk was clear and that everything was locked up. How can I respect someone like that?

She came in late yesterday as she had appointments. Payroll was due by noon, and she was planning on being back by 1. So I had to call the AA in humanities to see if she would do our payroll. she said that she wouldn't and she was sure that JB would be back in time to do it. Well I had to call JB on her cell to remind her, and she ended up calling the AA in humanities to do it for her anyway. And she couldn't figure out why Jane was upset with her over this. She has shown herself to be incompentant to more than one department on campus. There was no A/C in the building and it was hot and miserable all day, but I endured. Around 4 "I" poked his head out of the office and I mentioned that a couple other departments in the building had closed because of the heat. At this point he said that we could go home. I didn't because I was meeting Libby after work, but JB was out the door in less than 10 minutes. Wow, she almost put in a 4 hour day.

I also said that I was going to tell you about my birthday on Friday, and although the anger that JB has caused me the past few days has overridden any relaxation that the long weekend had brought, I had a really good birthday. We went for a picnic in Huntington canyon, played some board games in the afternoon, saw the movie "The Village", and went to Sonic drive in because I had never been there before. I got money from both my parents and my little brother for my crown, a couple of things of cookies and a candle as funny little presents. I also got a neon lamp in the shape of a martini glass from DJ and Danelle. Danelle's 21st birthday was on Saturday and I haven't gotten her anything yet, and I have absolutely no ideas. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are more yourself today. :)