Friday, August 06, 2004

I know, I have been quiet. Well, at least I don't feel nauseous around her anymore. She is a bully, I watch her bully people all day, and I won't let it happen to me ever again.

Now with everything being moved around on Friday, a desk and 2 filing cabinets were stuffed into the Zucker Room, making it unusable again. I came up with a plan to move everything around. Now I started the project yesterday and Jimmy is going to help me with the last two filing cabinets. The difference in my moving stuff in the office, is that I discussed it with everyone FIRST and didn't do anything until all agreed. Hopefully by the end of today, the conference room will just be a conference room and nothing else. The glass display table that has been living in the Zucker room will be housed in the conference room. There is now a bank of filing cabinets in the break room, which also shield the rest of the world from seeing inside there. I have a new filing cabinet, and the bookshelf has been moved in front of my desk. I love it. Yeah, I have to pop my head over it now to see into the copy room, but then again, people can no longer lean up on my computer--giving me at least another foot of personal space, and an added 2 square feet of magnetic note space so the rest of the world can't see my crap. It's heaven, and I fricking did it! I think that I was hoping to teach JB a lesson in office diplomacy, but no. Probably not. Now that I have gotten my way--and yes, I am that petty-- I have been a little nicer to her, so I guess that she just figures that I was moody and something at home must have been bothering me. the wench. The bookcase also gives me the added security of it being another barrier between us. I think that is why I like it so much, it makes me feel less vulnerable.


Tonight my family and Kelly are spending the night--rocket show in the morning! However one more person is going to make it feel that much more cramped, so Jimmy and I are going to sleep out on the lawn. Hopefully the sprinklers don't get us. But it will be nice to sleep outside again. Libby is supposed to come with us on Saturday but I need to remember to call her and let her know how early my Dad wants to go out. She might be sleeping with Jimmy and I tonight too.

Then on Sunday I am helping Libby move into Colin's Dad's house. Colin moved out with friends, and so Libby is going to take over his room. She's excited, it means living in Salt Lake instead of driving a hour everyday from Layton.

JB is at a meeting right now. The office is so peaceful at the moment. I love it. "I" isn't coming in today. He just got back from LA and isn't feeling well. He got to stay at the same hotel that they filmed Pretty Woman in, the Regent Beverly Willshire. Damn I want to be a professor so I can go to conferences at nice hotels and such. Unfortately, ever since he has gone, I have had "walking in LA" in my head...oh please, make that song go away.

No comments: