Monday, August 30, 2004

so thanks to everyone for their advice, I will keep the crap job until I find something new. If my dad finds out, then I will have to take it, and my dad knows me well enough to know that I am extremely stubborn, but careful in my actions.

On other thoughts, I was watching the Republican convention-boring although the former mayor of NY was very opinionated---my primary observation is this: of the attendees of that convention 99% were white, it is just like living in Utah.

So "I" is the coolest boss, and I know that I have said this before, but it seems that every day he does something that makes him that much cooler. Today it was that he had made up a parking spot on campus, and he called me on his cellphone when he went out to the car and discovered that he had a ticket. He was going to ask the parking guy if he could leave his car where it was since he already had the ticket. He moved it when I told him that he would get the boot. Then about 10 minutes later he calls again while he is waiting for a parking spot. I guess it was a new experience for him, and for me. It isn't every day when an Egyptian is asking you for parking tips. I am trying to Jimmy to name his next crab Shibley. It is one of those names that is a lot of fun to say. "I" is inviting Shibley Telhami to speak at the lecture series next January.

On the JB front, an example of time. The AA is in charge of getting new forms, well she needed new travel forms. She asked where to get them and I said "I don't know, call the travel office" so then she gives me this lecture for 2 minutes or so about how I need the travel office and order more forms, but "only when I have time", then later she whines at me again not to forget the forms, blah, blah, blah...like I didn't have a ton of other things to do besides following lazy ass around. Then, she even types me a memo to remind me. Now all of this probably took 5 to 6 minutes to do. Guess how long the call took me....just guess...30 seconds, that's right. I counted. 30 seconds verus 5 minutes...who is more time efficent?
Till tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....so you discovered Utah is white? Is that a problem for you? Maybe you should have gone to Somalia or Iran....try a 'university' there. You may be more comfortable in a less white atmosphere.


The attitude of some of our "middle eastern" immigrants is nauseating. Noone forces you to remain here.