Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Today everyone who had been off in the summer came back, it's nice. More people to commiserate with about JB.

I confronted her about "I"'s schedule and how she should basically keep her hands off of it. The other day, I was across the hall with Sluglett and Dr. Cannon calls. Instead of getting me, she attempts to schedule something. And of course she is telling him on the day that is clearly marked "do not schedule meetings today" she is saying that it is ok. I told her that she could have taken a message but she didn't care. The problem is that the time that she told them was ok, wasn't. The type of meeting would probably be an hour long and it is on the other side of campus. She left him a half hour window to go to this meeting, and get back up to here for another appointment. I mean, come on, his health isn't that good to manage that...duh... so I confronted her about it---treating her like a child..."now we have discuss this before but I can't stress this enough..." and of course, she nodded her head, said that it was a misunderstanding and couldn't admit that she might have been in the wrong... She did seem a little upset, which makes me happy. They also did a kamikaze job interview on her, which was wonderful, because she couldn't make any slick answers. She was so flushed when she got out...hee hee.

But on the topic of JB...why is it that people can't admit that they are wrong. She can never say I messed up. Although she talks about how she is more than willing to do that when the time comes---she does it in a bragging tone so that she sounds saintly. But when it is the time that she did something wrong she won't admit it. Now when I screwed up on the retreat (I forgot to order drinks for lunch) I felt awful, tried to fix the problem and apologized to all of the professors for my screw-up. oh, and of course JB rubbed it in that I messed up...she gave me this line that "when I write up my evaluation of the retreat" what the fuck? evaulation...what planet is she on. My point is that I can make a mistake and admit it, no matter how much it hurts my pride...that wasn't an easy skill to learn, but a very valuable one. Another pet peeve is that if she hasn't done something and someone needs that item and asks her about it, instead of saying that she hasn't gotten to it yet but will, she says that she is "fixin'" to do it. Come on... fixin' to do it. is that professional, I think not.

Oh, and this last week she had been nagging me about this DOE report that we need to turn in. Now I actually wrote up this report 2 months ago, and she has had it in her possession that entire time. Well the gov. has a new system and she needs to upload it again. and she told me that we "needed to sit down and talk about the changes" that need to be made...really making a big deal out of the whole situation. So yesterday I ask her about it, tell her that I have the time...she can't find the email, and then when she does, I find out that she never read the damn email that she took the time to print out, staple, file, and nag me about. The email was new instructions on how to upload the file after it is done into the new system. I can't get into the system, only she can, so my part of this whole situation was already done...2 months ago. I am pretty sure that reading, and paraphrasing HER email is not in my job description.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Delal,

Regarding JB: there are simply some people on this earth whose sole motivation for their existence is their supposed superiority over other people. Trust me, deep down inside JB is harboring some MAJOR insecurities and self-doubt...maybe even self-loathing. People like this one tend to overcompensate for this by letting the whole world know how much better they are than everyone else--they get a perverse pleasure out of taking their inner negativity and failings and applying them to others. Actually, perhaps unleashing it on others is the more appropriate phrase. Folks like JB are most of the time practically impossible to reason with and are better off being avoided if at all possible. Keep 'em at arm's length, that's the key...

Stephanie said...

as far asit's not in your job description... anything goes... aren't you the bitch of the office (at least that's what i used to call myself when i was in a similar setting... the bitch... the bitch of the office ARG