Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Are all albinos bad?

Ok, so I noticed that albinos seem to be a common archtype for an evil henchman. Why is that? In the movie the Princess Bride the duke's helper is an albino. There is an albino assissin in some Goldie Hawn movie from the 80's. The Edgar Winter band tries to play off a bad-ass rep. And the uber-catholic monk in the Da Vinci Code is also an albino. What did they do to get such a bad rap? Isn't it enough that they get stared at all the time, do they have to be protrayed as evil to? Did you know that the only set of albino twins in the US, live in Price Utah? My little brother goes to school with them, he says that they are nice, but I hate to tell him that sooner or later they will have to turn evil because that is what society expects...I know, its a sad sad world when not even the albinos are safe. I wonder if any of them think that dressing up as a lab rat for Halloween is a good idea?

And since I touched on the subject of the book The Da Vinci Code, which I am almost finished with, can I just tell you that I am sick of the book shoving all of this extra information down my throat? Yeah, interesting story, theory, etc...I could see some truth in things, but I honestly don't care about some Catholic conspirsay to rule the world..having had my bout with Catholism I already know that I really don't trust the religion, and that is why (sorry Grandpa) I am not Catholic. But I really don't care how that EVERYTHING in the world is a symbol for this, that, or the other thing. A pack of cards to me is just a pack of cards, I don't really care that it is also full of symbols marking the divine feminine and the quest for the holy grail. Not interesting, sorry. Additionally, within the book, the heroine saw her grandfather having sex in a secret socity ritual. Why is it that the author seems to think that knowing it was part of a ceremony makes it that much better? I'm sorry, if I saw my grandfather having sex ,period, I think that I would find it a little tramatic regardless of the circumstances. Come on now, let's be honest, it would be wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Dilnareen said...

that book seems to be stalking me, this book is everywhere isn't it? The nicest thing ive heard about this book is that its trashy, so does it sell using the "it's so bad its good motto". I'm trying to avoid buying it

Delal said...

I know. I originally had no intention of reading it, but both of my parents thought that it was something that I just HAD to read. So I am reading it, and basically it is just a junk novel and it is very very formulatic. I feel like the author "dumbed" a lot of stuff down and that annoys me. If I wanted that quality of literature I just would have read a romance novel.