Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Something new.

Today I am going to post a poem that I wrote, some of the formatting will not translate over, but I hope you like it.

Phoenix

If I choose my death, let fire
consume me.
I want to be overcome by the panic
of those passionate flames
within that panic I will find peace
the point where the mind races
thoughts trip over each other
like feet in the wedding dance
the beat faster, breathless,
a pounding hum
a mantra spoken in the fluttering
of an eyelash
estasy in the crackling heat
let my life slip from me like the
sweat from my fingertips
fly and become the sky
evaporated in the smoke and ashes
there is more life in that noble death
more valor than allowing the cold
to encroach
numbing centimeter by centimeter
slowing blood, thoughts, hope
floundering in regret
and the snuffing sleep to follow...
No, let me leave in fire
paradise will exhale me in one
hitch of...silence.

No comments: