Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Jack and Jack went up the hill...

So my buddy Jack has finally stopped pineing away for the former girlfriend and moved on. This last weekend we was going to go camping...by himself, a hermit weekend, so to speak, to clear his mind about his "issues". He came back early because one, he thought that his "testicles were going to freeze and fall off" and two, because he had met someone the previous Thursday and couldn't wait to see "them" again. Then he told me how he was incredibly happy, which is always a nice state to see your friends in, and that he had never felt as comfortable with this new "person" than with anyone else in his life. So of course, like any good friend/gossip hound, I had to ply more info out of him. He said that "they" were dating, and that "they" both lived in the same dorm building. And hopefully by now, you are wondering why I am putting pronouns in quotation marks, and that is because Jack was sure to use impersonal pronouns when describing this new love. I suspected that he was trying to keep the gender of the new love a secret, but honestly how can you evade the "well, what is their name?" question that I hit Jack with. So he is dating a guy---a completely new experience for him, especially sense he really doesn't have a sense of himself yet, and everyone keeps telling him that he acts gay (like that proves anything). His name is Brandon and he is in the Ballet department (how cliche is that?), oddly enough I have seen him perform at the opera last Sunday (small world, gets smaller every day). I think Jack was glad that I was accepting, I only care for his happiness. But he has been worried that this turn might adversely effect the political career that he would like to have one day. Keep in mind though, if you are unhappy in your personal life it effects your public one, and it is just better to be yourself no matter what the cost. The real problem is his family which is very very Catholic, and the issue also will be bad not only because of the gay factor but also that the new love is half black and half hispanic. Which makes a nice combination feature-wise, but if your family is bigotic to begin with, it is torture. I am sure that the saga of Jack will continue.

And on the Libby front, now with Marshall out of the way, she and Colin are dating again. It is still awkward between them, but I expect that will change soon.

Why date when my friends go through all of this crap, it so saves hassle.

And unrelated...I dyed my hair bright red the other night. It looks cool, but my bathroom mat will never be the same.

No comments: