Monday, October 11, 2004

This morning is an Ibrahim Tatlises morning...

As Hiwa reminded me yesterday I haven't posted in a while, sorry about that, and good morning Hiwa!

Jimmy turned 16 yesterday. He grows more and more everyday, his shoulders are so massive and he towers over me. I think that I will start losing a lot more of those sibling wrestling matches...but this weekend it was a gooseing war, which my mom thought was funny until she became a victim.

What I would like to talk about this morning really are dreams. Twice last week I had some very disturbing dreams, disturbing in their reality, I couldn't tell if they were real or not.
The first one was on Tuesday night, there was someone else in my bed. I could feel the warmth of their body and their breath on the back of my neck. I was so scared, I wanted to turn and see who it was, but if I turned too suddenly I was worried that I might wake the person up and that they would hurt me, so I very very slowly turned, and luckily it was only my mom and my little brother (now how they both fit into my bed, I don't know), so I just put my head down to go back to sleep. then I noticed that I was alone in the bed again, which startled me. Then in my dream my neighbor's puppy jumped up onto my bed and began to lick my face, trying to wake me up. there was something wrong outside, there was bombing of some sort. So I stood outside on the lawn with my neighbors watching the explosions, even though it was nighttime you could see large clouds of black flak floating in the air. Everyone was in a panic trying to leave, but I was just sitting there very calmly waiting, waiting for what I wasn't sure, but I was just waiting. I have had dreams where I have been in a warzone before, but each time I have those dreams I am in a suburban American setting, which freaks my mom out a bit and this dream was in the same line of things.

Second, vivid dream was the following night, again someone came into my house. This time it was a man, tall and thin with a mustache. He seemed to be someone I knew. But he came in to wake me, and let me know that he was sorry that he was late but that he missed me. He then got ready for bed and climbed in with me. Again I could feel the warmth in the bed from him.

These dreams were frightening in their reality, as I woke up I was convinced that someone else had been in the room with me, the bed still felt warm in the morning. I also find it disturbing that I had 2 dreams in a row about someone coming into my house and more importantly into my bed. Those who know me well, know that I religiously check and double-check my doors before I go to bed, this stems from an incident with a former boyfriend who tried to break into my room one night and scared me half to death (in fact that incident ranks as number 2# on the top 5 worst things to every happen to me--on this list however are only 4 things). I am not sure what these dreams mean if anything, any ideas?

2 comments:

hiwa said...

good evening! i checked abit late but still works, i hope!
well about the dreams I have no idea what they mean, as I told u I rrrrrarely dream,even if I do I wont remember it!
about Ibrahim Tatlises, I was walking to a Kurdihs Restaurant this evening after a lift by a friend and I heard the song: "sen asiksin arkadas" from a car passed by.I have given up listening to turkish songs totally but it made me start dancing and waving my hand towards the jammed cars!! lol :)

Delal said...

Brilliant! I think everyone needs to have an Ibrahim Tatlises moment, even if you don't listen to Turkish music anymore. I must admit, I am a bit addicted to Turkish pop, I know, it's sad.

And Hiwa, is there any way you could send me your name in arabic script (with accent markers)? I have having trouble pronouncing your name, even after I asked you a bunch of times the other evening.