Friday, November 19, 2004

oh, too funny..

so I have a stat counter thing on the blog and every once in a while I check it to see if anyone besides myself reads this. Well if someone does an internet search and my site comes up it will tell me what keywords they used. So apparently someone in Lahore Pakistan did a search (and looked at my site!) using the keywords "turkish fucking girls"...maybe my site is racier than I thought.

today looks to be a fairly quiet day. Last night I went to see "3 sisters" by Anton Chekov (Libby was the lightboard operator and I got free tickets) it was very very sad, very Russian...very very Chekov. I liked it though. Tonight I am going to go and teach a local bellydance toupe Kurdish wedding dances steps. This will be my second time teaching them. They are a really cool group, the focus less on the entertainment aspect of bellydance and teach their audiences about the history of the dances themselves, which I like. When I used to perform the group I was with focused on the cabaret aspect of it, in the trashy sense, than of the sensual side of it. So sorry boys, Delal no longer performs in public ;)

On the work front, "I" in his new 'every day is a good day' philosophy bought truffles for the office and anyone who comes by...it must have cost him a lot, but since the candy dish lives on my desk so does this tray and man, the smell of chocolate is overpowering...so much that they don't even sound appetitizing..and me not wanting to eat chocolate is really odd.
this weekend is MESA (middle East studies association) and before the bug changed jobs within the department she was going to go. but when she switched to acedemic advisor "I" said that she couldn't go. a fit was thrown and he decided to let her go. fine fine..I am the only one in the office who isn't going and I really want to. on monday I will be the sole person here. however the bug informs me today that she is not going to go because she can't afford to (the center paid for her ticket). this isn't a spur of the moment thing, she waited until 2 days before she goes to tell everyone? So now, on Monday, it will be me and the bug. She is going to be annoying me all day, uck.

No comments: