Wednesday, November 24, 2004

twitterpation?

Not sure. So the past 2 days Mr. 3 has spent probably 5-6 hours with me and countless emails back and forth. And he is coming down for Thanksgiving (I couldn't bear the thought of him all alone) anyway, people in the office say there are sparks, I am not sure what to think, but I like him a lot and if anything I have a really good friend. You know, I think that I am a rather boring person, but I seem to manage to have incredibly long conversation with random people, so maybe I am not as boring as I feel. or...I just annoy everyone and they are too nice to tell me..

as promised, buying an IPOD with my boss.

Don't get me wrong, i love "I' to death, but he is one of those scatterbrained people, brilliant but a little ditsy with things. Anyway, there is this website that he loves with Arabic music, he listens to it all the time, and on occasion Kate and I have been pulled into his office to sing along..silly, but normal for around here. Last Friday he decided that he wanted to record the songs that he listens to and play them anywhere at anytime. So he went down to the U. bookstore and bought a digital voice recorder. which was really nice and it also became my job to figure out. but it is just a voice recorder and the sound quality was shit. We told him that what he really wanted was an IPOD, so I went down with him to the bookstore to make an exchange. He insisted that he handle everything, fine, but man, he was just on one. He was introducing himself to everyone under the sun and trying to negoiate deals and such....behavior that would have been fine in a bazaar but more like a circus in a store in Middle America. He kept saying money is no pbject----never never never say that to a clerk in a store..he only had a vague idea of what he needed and they were trying to sell him things that he would never use. that excursion was easily $500, not to mention him talking to the coupon vendor people in the store and buying there book thingys...that was $30 down the hole in which I again get to figure them out. I have 2 now..and he bought truffles for the office that was probably another 20-30. I guess if you have the money, spend it, but wow, that was a ride. Later in the day he prided himself on how he handled the whole transaction with me only saying a few words...those words being.."he wants an IPOD, 40 gig, with a car adaptor and a voice adaptor" This is something that he won't use, and can't figure out..well he can but it is just easier to have Kate and I do it. We did have fun figuring it out..

in other things..I went to the dentist this morning...NO MORE APPOINTMENTS FOR ME!!!! yeah, it is all finished! except today he hit a nerve or something, so my mouth hurts, and I stillhav ethe stroke victim thing going on this morning, I can't pronouce my own name right when I anser the phone...I hope the novacaine wears off soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

update us on Mr 3 please :D

Anonymous said...

update us on Mr 3 please :D

Anonymous said...

update us on Mr 3 please :D