Tuesday, December 07, 2004

as predicted...

Mr.3 read my post from yesterday and we talked a little about it, he seems to feel the same way and is pretty sure that I won't mess things up..but you never know..

today has been a fairly boring day at work. Nothing too exciting, although yesterday we received a huge check from SaudiAramco, so hopefully we will be able to get James Baker as a speaker for the lecture series next Spring. "I" was so cute when I handed him the check, he hopped up and down, hugged me, and then ran across the hall to tell Linda.
One of these days I am going to kill the bug. Today she has been giving me little "projects" to do, and just as in the spirit of JB, they take more time to explain to me then for her to actually do. One, early this morning, was a student in which if she had actually listened to what the student had said, she could have handled it all by herself, but she needed to come into me, to dictate and make herself look important. It drives me nuts, because on the hierarchy scale in the office, we are on the same level..nothing changed in that relationship except the things that she is in charge of. And now she wants me to punch holes in four pieces of paper and post them on the board in the hall...which golly gee...I am so swamped that it will have to wait until I am finished blogging. Earlier I was playing with her hole punch and it burst, sending confetti bits all over me. "I" happened to be at my desk talking on the cell phone when it happened and had to hold in the laughing. I think that the most demeaning aspect of being given projects to do is when those projects are so trivial that they take 2 seconds to complete. How is that helpful to anyone but the person dictating for the sake of puffing up their ego over having someone to dictate too? I sense clashes in the future and possible bloodshed, when it gets closer to that time I will be open for bets on the cage fight between the two of us.

No comments: