Monday, January 24, 2005

Lunch with Shibley

So today is the first day of this year's lecture series at work, and because they needed some fillers for the luncheon, both Mr.3 and I got to go lunh with Shibley Telhami. He seems like a pretty nice guy. Unfortuately, he didn't get to eat much of his lunch because people kept asking him questions, and while the questions were good (on the whole) you still have to feel sorry for him not being able to finish eating.
"I" was a scream, Kate and I sat right across from him and he would start to figit like a schoolboy when he began to get bored.
One thing that I noticed...of the four women who were there, Kate wore a conservative pin-striped suit, Rebecca wore a dark blue pant set, Joana wore a white sweater set, and what did dear old Delal wear, a low cut bright red dress. Why is it that women are afraid to wear color? Has there been any research on the impressions of personality of women for what color they wear to events. I know that my mom sent me some article off of yahoo saying that some rabbi in Israel accused all women that wear red as being prositutes. But I think that color needs to be infused into the workplace more. I commanded that room without saying a word.

No comments: