Monday, March 14, 2005

Cookies and “daffy” old ladies

It’s spring break on campus, so the office will be extraordinarily slow, but it will give me more time to blog, so that must be good for regular readers.

So the fam came for a visit this week, and the little bro was in true form. Now I had bought some girl scout cookies as a treat. I can’t consider them as something to munch on because they are so expensive $3.50 a box. And I put them up and out of the way so as not to tempt myself and other people. Saturday night I opened a roll of thin mints, which between the 5 of us, ate only half the roll. I find out last night after they were gone that my brother had eaten oh so much more. In fact he finished the thin mints, ate a hunk of the samoas, and half a package of Chips Ahoy cookies. He was careful however, not to open any new packages of cookies. I think that I would have been better if he had, because this smacks of sneakiness, and it makes me wonder what else he has done.

And continuing on with cookies. The bug brought in some girl scout cookies this morning and she was in a good mood. So one, she is happy because she is showing off her financial wealth (non-existant as it may be) with the girl scout cookies for the office, two, this is another opportunity for her to set the example of “sharing” in the office (I’m sorry but just because I eat my lunch at my desk sometimes does not mean that it is communal food), and three…she has probably already been drinking. I won’t touch the cookies because they are from her, yes it sounds petty, but if I can’t stand to be in the same room with the women, why would I eat her food?

When she was in here earlier she was talking about her flowers, and how her tulips havn’t come up yet or her “daffies”. Yes, she said “daffies”. What the hell is that? They are called fricking daffodils, they are flowers, not objects of baby babble!

2 comments:

Medya said...

Please change your blog's setting to be at the top of the blogs list when you update.

http://www.northerniraq.info/kurdblog.html

Delal said...

I didn't know that was an option, nor do I know how to do that.